Friday, December 11, 2009

Ice Skating

I finally got to go ice skating.  Our friends little boy was turning one and with the middle name "puck" you don't have a choice but to have your birthday party at the ice rink.  (His dad is a hockey player).

This was the kids first experience ice skating.  They loved it.  I only wish I had taken them sooner.  When we first got out on the ice, they had a lot of trouble keeping their balance and wanted to hold onto the side the entire time.  Once they got their trainers to push on the ice, they were free of the wall and skating around the ice rink like they owned it.  Leila took off immediately.  Holden was more timid, getting the feel for it before he was off and running on the ice. 


The birthday boy


On the ice getting ready to skate!

Holding on for dear life!

Making our way onto the ice.  They look scared.

Adnan standing on the ice.  :)

Holden practicing with the trainer and uncle soso


Holden and uncle soso getting the hang of it!


Leila having a great time!

Cool

After I left the ice to feed Zoe, Leila fell down and hit her head.  She had a bump, but was fine.  On the way home I asked her if she would like to take ice skating lessons and she said, "No, I'll fall down and crack my head open."  :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yay!!! I am glad you finally got to go ice skating!!! It looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Becky said...

Girrrrlll your brave..there is no way you'd get me out on ice skates:) Fun!