Thursday, January 28, 2010

Indoor Soccer

Holden has been playing indoor soccer since Thanksgiving.  He's enjoying playing the games each weekend and has been especially fun because the Strikers have stayed together.  
I've tried to take pictures, but the lighting is terrible.  Holden is still doing a good job getting the ball to the goal, but is also enjoying defense and guarding the goal. 

He recently started a skills practice and scrimmage on Friday evenings.  They practice new skills for 20 minutes and then scrimmage. He is having fun.  During his first scrimmage, he played against a girl that was super good.  I asked him how he played and he told me, "this GIRL was really good."  He then told me he wanted to make a hole for her to fall in so that he could get the ball.  nice, right?  We asked him what would happen if she made a hole for him.  He said, "I'd go around it."
The moral of the story: It's good to play with kids that are better than you because you learn and get better!  I love that this girl gave him a hard time on the field.

Week #2
He didn't play against the girl this time. He played with some kids born in 03 and 04. He was born at the end of 04 so you can imagine that these kids were bigger and better. 
I wasn't there, but apparently they were great at passing and getting the ball to the goal.  Holden said, "I'm going to tell his friends on his soccer team that we need to pass so we can win the game."

I'm liking this...

1 comment:

Becca said...

The best way to improve it to be challenged by those you are palying!!!!! I am glad he is liking his indoor season!