Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Day!

The kids didn't get up as early as expected.  In fact, I was a little concerned when it was 7:15 and the house was quiet.  I was also concerned that the icy roads were going to prevent Muffy and Dusty from getting to our house (before noon).  I'm not sure the kids could have waited that long to open up their presents.



Zoe with her presents from Santa.  She loved looking at the monkeys on CoCo's pajamas.


Leila and Holden opening their stockings from Santa
(gum, cars for Holden and hair bobs for Leila)




We had so much fun playing in the snow while we waited for my parents to get to our house.  I had hurt my back earlier in the week, but couldn't help myself and needed to play in the snow.
Holden joined us after we had taken some pictures.  We headed to the back yard, where we had a snowball fight.  The kids got snow all over my face...brrrr...










My sister got the kids the Zhu Zhu hamsters.  Leila went around and told everyone, "she got the hottest gift out there."  My sister kept telling her that.  Holdens favorite gifts were his wii and ds games and sketcher shoes.  Leila loved her Heely's and twinkle toes shoes.
Zoe hung out in her bouncy chair with her gloves on...her hands were FREEZING.  She fell asleep during most of the unwrapping.
Adnan made a yummy beef tenderloin, onion puff pastrys, creamed spinach and salad.

On a side note: Each gift had a reindeer name on it.  Leila and Holden were so nosey, I didn't want them to shake, open or figure out whose present was whose.  When Leila first read the names, she thought all the presents under the tree were for the reindeer.  :(  Some of our friends had left her one present and she said, "those presents are for the reindeer I have one with MY name on it."  She was happy with her one.
After I told her that a reindeer represented a person in the family, she quickly figured out she was dasher!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the reindeer name idea. I will have to put that in my arsenal of ideas. Iam jealous of the cooking husband.

Rachel said...

That's a great idea with the reindeer names! Cute, cute pictures!