Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day and More....

I love Valentines day! It is one of my most favorite holidays. Last night I sat with the kids to help them get their Valentines ready for school. Leila was very deligent coloring, folding and sealing her Valentines. She stayed "on task" the entire time. I was really impressed. Holden on the other hand was a different story. He wanted to color his signature every place but on the Valentines. I swear if we would have sat there all night while he colored on the cardboard under his Valentines. It was so FRUSTRATING. Then all the sudden he decided to whip them out and color on all of them. Sigh of Relief.

The Valentines Party
Leila went to school as usual. Since today is not Holden's normal school day, I "tried" to drop him off for his party. We got to school and he cried and cried and cried. I had to go in the room and sit with him. This has never happened before. Seperation anxiety can happen at 3! Yikes! He has been more attached lately and has to say, "check on me, see you in the morning" regardless if he is going to bed or being dropped off at school. Pretty funny! Once I picked him up, he was glad he went. I told him how wonderful I though his teachers were and asked him if he loved them. He said, "I love mommy." Those words melt my heart!!

No comments: