Monday, February 18, 2008

Vacation in Houston




We had a great "vacation" in Houston as Leila calls every trip that we take out of town. Adnan had a work conference in Houston so the kids and I decided to join him. It was the perfect opportunity to hang out with one of my dearest friends Jennifer and her family.

There is really nothing better than friends that have known you forever. As I was standing in Jenn's kitchen, I was trying to explain to Leila that Jenn and I had been friends since we were she and Caiden's age (that is Jenn's 5 year old son). Crazy that we have know each other over 25 years and are still FRIENDS! Jenn and I met in Kindergarten, went to jr high and high school together then were roommates all through college. That's a long time! How can I be old enough for this to be possible?? Let's face the facts...I am.

The kids played at parks, did art, chalked, jumped in puddles, paraded around the block and all in all really got along great. Did I tell you that there were 4 children 5 and under? It was a wild fun weekend!!

No comments: