Tuesday, February 9, 2010

5 months old

As I say each month, Zoe an I are having lots of fun.  She is getting more an more animated.  She gets so excited, makes fun noises and gives huge smiles.  My favorite grin is when she starts smiling and then her forehead moves up with recognition and excitement!



After Zoe's 4 month check, I told the doctor that she was not close to rolling over.  Well, she showed me the day after her doctors appointment by rolling from her tummy to her back 3 times.  She showed off one more time last month and now no more rolling.  She is pretty content on her back.  :)  Adnan did tell me she rolled from back to tummy a few days ago, but I have yet to see it.

 Zoe is still eating every 3 hours or so.  She is still following the eat, play, sleep schedule during the day.  Her naps are not very long and I have a feeling she is moving toward more of a 3 nap schedule.   Adnan is still doing her bottle feeding between 10 and 11.  We are starting to work on pulling that time back so her bedtime matches the big kids. 
She is still sleeping in our room and has become quite a little night owl, crying during the night.  I don't get up to feed her, but she does want her pacifier. 




Zoe still likes her bouncy seat and her play gym.  We put her in the ultrasaucer and she likes it all of 5 minutes.  She still naps some in her swing, but we are trying to get her to nap in her pack n play.  She likes to grab and play with her toys.  Her favorite toy is her crumply book.


first time in the ultra saucer
Zoe has found her feet and her hands this month.  It is hysterical to see her examining her hands!


showing off her bottle holding skills - she only gets 1 per day, so this is pretty good!
Zoe likes:
laying on her back
being on her tummy
her changing table
her bouncy seat
grabbing her toes
looking at her hands
her playgym
her pacifier
talking to herself
going places
grabbing her toys
smiling
grinning
sitting in her swing
being swaddled
having conversations
knawing on her pacifer
squealing
Leila and Holden
any toy that squeaks



Leila and Holden are still enjoying their little sister.  They love to play with her first thing in the morning, kiss her (while I'm feeding her) and make her smile.  The love to ohhh and awhh at her when she is sleeping, which always makes me say, "don't wake her up."  Glad they love her! 

StrollerFit update:
Zoe is doing great at StrollerFit.  She usually falls asleep as soon as class starts and then wakes up during abs.  She is really content and let's me do my thing.  She does keep me in check though once she is hungry.  :)



3 comments:

Becky said...

She is sooo sweet and growing so quickly! That's awesome that she does so great at SF..your lucky remember Reese never did that:)

Becca said...

Look at how long her hair is getting. She is too cute. I have to say I love the 5 month stage. Babies are just so cute then.

Kristi said...

She is too cute. I love her outfits- and the lack of an outfit- in that last picture!