Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What a week...

Complaining ahead....

I usually try to complain as little as possible, but what a week this has been. Woke up Sunday morning with a terrible migraine and sore throat that would not go away. Since I still felt bad on Monday morning, headed to the doctor thinking I had strep throat. Well, the dr. didn't seem to think it was strep and did a flu test which came out negative. Funny that he said that the rapid flu test is correct only about 40% of the time. Then why do it?? Supposedly I had all the signs and symptoms of the flu, so he gave me Tamiflu and an antibiotic. Neither one are compatable with breastfeeding and told me to feed the baby formula for the next 6 days to avoid exposing Zoe to whatever it is I have. Sounded like good advice at the time, definitely want to protect her and the rest of my family. Well, apparently in the doctors haste to get me well, I'm in horrible pain from pumping, barely touched my baby in 48 hours and am miserable. I actually FEEL ok from the "illness" that I have, but now have a whole set of different issues. Maybe I'm being ungrateful, maybe the antibiotic and tamiflu made me feel better fast, who knows...I guesss my point is that doctors are wrong a lot of the time and question the HELL out of them so they think about all points of view.

GEEZ...come on Sunday...

6 comments:

Becky said...

Oh no!!! I'm sorry. Feel better:)

B.E.A.L. said...

that stinks....at least the whole situation is temporary...hope the week flies by fast for you!

The things we do for our kiddos!

Becca said...

Oh no, I am sorry you are having to go through this. I wish I would have read blogs first today, ignore the email I sent earlier... I hope all gets better soon. If you need anything, even if it is to complain, give me a call.

Rachel said...

Hugs!!!

Kristi said...

So sorry that you're having an awful week. Hugs!!!

Victoria said...

Thanks for you comments. :)