Wednesday, April 21, 2010

7 months



Zoe is now 7 months old.  Her 6th month was full of many firsts.  The first was the move to her crib.  I dreaded this move for many reasons, one of which was that I knew the transition would cause 3 bad nights of sleep. I was pleasantly surprised...the first night I was up once to give her a pacifer and that was it.  The 2nd and 3rd night up a couple of times.  (I let her cry for 10 minutes on the 3rd night and she now sleeps in her crib from 8 till I get her at 7:30.)  This move was good for all of us. As we all sleep better now...and to think that I thought she needed us.



I gave up on rice cereal and started introducing vegetables this month.  She didn't take to them immediately, but I've had better luck.  She's tried, peas, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes and bananas. 




Zoe takes 5 feedings per day, with the last "dream feed" at 10:00 pm.  We wake her up for it, and plan to drop it in her 7th month.  :) 

She is falling into a more predictable nap schedule with a short one around Strollerfit time and then her long nap around 12:30.  Unfortuntely this nap gets interruped when it's time to pick the kids up from school.  She takes her last nap of the day around 4:30.



Zoe has become a consistent sitter.  I still put pillows or her boppy behind her in case she falls, but she is doing great.  She transfers toys from one hand to another and loves to bang them together.  She still likes to babble and squeal.  She has a tickle spot under her arms.


Zoe took her first vacation this month.  She was the best behaved during the car ride and a real trooper.

Zoe got sick for the first time as well this month.  Runny nose and terrible cough.  Doctor thinks it's allergies!  (probably from her first vacation)


Zoe is a happy and content baby!




 




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becca said...

She is just too cute! Glad the move to the crib went well!